[pmwiki-users] Help needed: Old pm Wiki Calendar Installation still shows un-wanted pages, even after installation is removed.

Henry Gurr HenryG at aiken.sc.edu
Wed Jul 19 17:19:38 CDT 2006

Dear pmWiki Users

We seek your help in knowing how to fully remove all components of a
Calendar install. Where are these old Calendar effects coming from and
how to remove them?

Several years ago (and on a different server,  a Microsoft Server) we
installed the Calendar from the pmWiki Cookbook. We discovered that we
really did not need the Calendar, so it was removed. Since that time we
have completed several up-grades to newer pmWiki versions and moved to a
new server, which is now a Linux server.

Or so we thought the Calendar was removed, but recently we see that the
second most visited page is a "calendar recent changes" pages!!! This
rate of visits has persisted for several months.  See
http://ww2.usca.edu/ResearchProjects/ProfessorGurr/?action=totalcounter

This is not all. We logged-on to the Google Pages called "Index stats",
and found evidence of other left-overs from the Calendar. This Google
feature found and showed a large number of "error pages", most of which
came from the old calendar Pages.  I show examples below.

Here are 2 URL's for Calendar that shows up on my site.
http://ww2.usca.edu/ResearchProjects/ProfessorGurr/Calendar/17
http://ww2.usca.edu/ResearchProjects/ProfessorGurr/index.php?n=Calendar.RecentChanges?logdate=200210

*And there are over 5500 web addresses given by Google errors that look
like this:*
http://ww2.usca.edu/ResearchProjects/ProfessorGurr/index.php?n=Calendar.19711101?action=edit

To try to find the problem:
1) We have studied in our server all the pmWiki files at length to see
where the problem is, but find not a clue.

2) We did a Google search for = [[ calendar
site:http://host.pmichaud.com/ ]]. This resulted in  277 Calendar
related listings from the  pmWiki User Archives. I scanned all of them.
They gave no relevant information that I could see.

Can you give any clues what to do?

You have been very helpful in the past for which we are very grateful.

Sincerely

Henry Gurr