[pmwiki-users] EasyGallery improvements

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 16:16:40 CDT 2006

Pico,

I can't find your original message (strange) about
EasyGallery improvement, but here are some thoughts.

While you have pointed out a major issue with creating
tables for images with pagelists, i.e. the ability to
put more than one image per row, this is something
that can be solved in a reasonable manner, but I do
think that it cannot be done with pure core stuff.
Here are some of the solutions that I can think of:

1) One way I create a table is to use the columns
recipe.  I simply setup a List of thumbnails linking
to their photo pages on another page and then apply
the columns markup to it.

2) I have also done this with pagelist and to wrap the
table rows, I use
the extra 'divisible' conditional that was apart of
the PageListTemplate recipe 2.0:

i.e.

(:if ! divisible {$GroupPageCount} 4 :)
(:cell:)
(:if divisible {$GroupPageCount} 4 :)
(:cellnr:)

The divisible condition:

	$Conditions['divisible'] =
'DivisibleCondition($condparm)';

	function DivisibleCondition($condparm) {
	  $args = ParseArgs($condparm);
	  return @(($args[''][0] % $args[''][1]) == 0);
	}

Now Patrick has understandably commented on the list
that he is not a big fan of this method (it is a
little ugly, but simple) and that he had another idea,
but he has not been willing to let us in on it just
yet. :)

3) Add math to the Conditional Extensions recipe and
get the same effect with a modulus operator.

-Martin