[pmwiki-users] [offlist] Suggested pagelist.php fix (formely Pagelist Extensions)

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Tue Jul 18 22:55:50 CDT 2006

Regarding PITS/00774
Pico wrote:
> Martin Fick wrote:
> [snip]
> Martin, I reworked the PITS entry to separate the discussion of
> alternative results from possible methods for achieving those results.
> In the process, I think I came up with a great idea (great because its
> simple): just add a new page (perhaps called PageListNotFound) to the
> end of the $FPLTemplatePageFmt array.

[snip]

> I also identified a possible alternative that is more convoluted, and
> dependent on assumptions that I don't know to be correct, but you may
> find interesting anyway.
[snip]

I transformed my convoluted alternative into a workaround that does not
require any changes to the core: just a few lines added to the start of
the Site.PageListTemplates page.

If Pm doesn't want to add a PageListNotFound page to the array and
distribution, he could just apply the workaround to the distributed
Site.PageListTemplates page to achieve one of the possible results.

In either case, Pm would have to select one of the possible results for
the distribution, leaving administrators free to select a different
option.  That raises the question of documenting these options.  If Pm
chooses the most inclusive result (both a message and simple format),
then the options probably won't need to be documented, because they can
be achieved simply by deleting lines.  Otherwise, if he goes with
minimal option (displaying a blank pagelist), then the other options
should be documented somewhere.

Pico