[pmwiki-users] Shoutbox

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Sun Jul 16 10:45:22 CDT 2006

> Two issues are still open, which might also be of more general
> interest for many.
>
> 1) The shoutbox is supposed to be used "within" an intranet (i.e. an
> "Intranet" group protected by AuthUser)
> [...]
>
> 2) [...] let it take automatically the right id from the wiki [...]

It seems (hopefully :-) that the right direction has been taken; I
inserted these lines in the shoutbox:

<?
$input[name] = $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS["author"];
if( $input[name] == "")	$input[name] = "Mister X";
?>

And it takes the right id from the cookie. So, point no. 2 is solved.
What I think is: if the "author" cookie is empty (or does not exist),
instead of setting the name to "Mister X" (I put it just for test),
exit the shoutbox. This would solve point no. 1.
Would it be a safe approach? In case, how to tell a php script to
exit/stop/quit?

Luigi