[pmwiki-users] Preview of recipe for an extended attachlist directive

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 09:56:43 CDT 2006

Hi

I've just placed this page in the cookbook

 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AttachlistExtended-Draft

which describes a recipe I've written that lets you list attachments.
Compared to the orignal (:attachlist:) it allows you to list attachments
recursively (i.e. a directory structure), as well as filter the result so
that only files matching a pattern is shown.

The script is intended for use at http://wiki.lyx.org and is currently
very much hardcoded for the use there. However, as it might be of use to
others that want to list attachments I've finally gotten around to giving
it a page in the cookbook.

A major difference between wiki.lyx.org and a typical installation of
PmWiki is that it does not use the standard mechanism for uploading files.
Instead, a separate file manager is used for this purpose. Consequently,
attachments are not associated with a page, or a group of pages, but
rather just stored in a directory structure.

I have therefore written a replacement for (:attachlist:) that simply
lists files and directories assuming they are stored in a directory. The
replacement does however allow you to filter the result, as well as only
show the directory structure. In addition, it partially integrates with
the file manager.

Eventually I intend for this to become a mature recipe that is not
hardcoded to the needs of wiki.lyx.org. Unfortunately I don't have time to
do this right now. So for now I'm just letting you see what I have in case
it is of use to others.

cheers
/Christian