[pmwiki-users] Crazy error after generating templates

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Thu Jul 6 06:20:41 CDT 2006

Daniel Hofer wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a crazy problem with template.
> I've build a new template in Site.LocalTemplates:
> -------------------------------------
> [[#Hierarchical]]
> !!!!{=$Title}
> (:pagelist link={=$FullName} fmt=#title:)
Here is the source of the "craziness": there shouldn't be a pagelist
directive here.
> [[#HierarchicalEnd]]
> -------------------------------------
> This show me in Software.Software a list of software categories with the
> software.
>
> I thought it works fine...until now.
> I've just seen that I get error messages instead of a pagelist at the
> end of this pagelist.
> It's written
> "Site.PageListTemplates#titleSite.PageListTemplates#titleSite.PageListTemplates#titleSite.PageListTemplates..."

I assume that you have a pagelist directive somewhere that calls the
template that you identified above, something like:
(:pagelist fmt=#Hierarchical:)

When that is rendered, it looks to your template and finds a second
pagelist directive that calls the fmt=#title template, which is the name
of a template that should be located in your Site.PagelistTemplates
page.  So, that should explain why you are seeing those references to
Site.PagelistTemplates#title.  The results are surprisingly
straightforward, given the fact that you have nested a one pagelist
directive inside of the template for another pagelist directive.

> And, also crazy, in the Sidebar I have a pagelist of groups.
> If I'm on Main.Main, everything is ok.
> But if I click on Software in Sidebar, the pagelist there dissapears and
> the following appears there:
> "Site.PageListTemplates#title..."

Given the first problem, I won't even wage a guess as to what you have
in your sidebar.  You should quote the markup to the list.

> What's wrong here? I'm not sure but I think everything was ok until this
> morning.
> The page "Site.PageListTemplates" is original, I didn't change.
>
> Thanks a lot.
> If you need some screenshots, let me now

Pico