[pmwiki-users] Solution for: commentbox q.

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Jul 2 17:18:31 CDT 2006

On Saturday, 1 July 2006 12:11 PM, John Rankin <john.rankin at affinity.co.nz> wrote:
><snip>
>>>
>>> option a. provide (:commentbox SomePageName:) markup, which would let an
>>>           author specify the page on which to post the comment; if the
>>>           page name is omitted, post to the current page
>>>
>>><snip>
>
>Looking at pmwiki.php, it might be possible. There is an '$EditRedirectFmt'
>variable, which defaults to '$FullName'. In theory, if we set this to the
>name of the originating page, HandleEdit might do what you want. So you
>might be in luck.
>>
>>><snip>

Trial now available: domwnload the latest commentbox.php from
Coombook.CommentBox. This adds

(:commentbox SomePageName:)

or

(:commentboxchrono SomePageName:)

These post comments in reverse chronologiccal and chronological order
respectively, to SomePageName. The poster is left on the page from which
she or he posted the comment. It was do-able because Pm recently introduced
a $EditRedirectFmtvariable, making the new feature a trivial addition.
--
JR