[pmwiki-users] ExternMap?

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 10:40:22 CST 2006

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 02:47:57PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> > > I would like to have something like ISP:imagename.jpg or
> > > {ISP}imagename.jpg , as it would be easier to type, and easier to
> > > change if they decide to store their images somewhere else.
> >
> > define in intermap.txt:
> >
> > ISP     http://www.userisp.com/username/images/
> >
> > and use in page:
> >
> > ISP:imagename.jpg
>
> Better still, create a page called Site.InterMap, and in that
> page put:
>
>     ISP:    http://www.userisp.com/username/images/

Are there any limitations to this page?

For instance, what if I'd like to document all these prefixes, could I do
that on the same page? Would something like this work:

Site.InterMap:

	This page describes the "[[PmWiki/InterMap]]-prefixes" you can use
	at this site.

	For instance, you can write something like

		ISP:myimage.txt

	as a shorthand for http://www.userisp.com/username/myimage.txt

	(:if false:)
	Warning, don't change this stuff unless you know what you are
	doing!!!
	ISP:	http://www.userisp.com/username/$1
	(:ifend:)

Would this be a good way to do it, or would it make pmwiki much slower if
there's other text on Site.InterMap?

In addition, what's the precedence here if a link is defined many times,
e.g. on Site.InterMap, local/farmmap.txt and local/intermap.txt

/Christian