[pmwiki-users] passwords

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Sun Jan 29 13:16:33 CST 2006

At 2006-01-27  07:20 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Do you have any suggestions how we could better indicate where
>substitutions should take place...?  Christian Ridderström suggests
>
>     $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('<edit_password>');
>
>my only concern is that people will start to assume that the angle
>brackets are part of the syntax.

I know I am coming into this discussion late, so
apologies if it has been resolved ....

Why not use the eminently simple method of
including the instruction as the text to be substituted? So in this case:

     $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('put_your_edit_password_here');

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668