[pmwiki-users] Attach: Syntax and the Default Upload Quick Reference

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jan 28 20:37:20 CST 2006

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 04:36:16PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> Here's how I understand the Attach: syntax to work.  Please correct me
> if it's wrong.
>
> Refer to an attached file in the same WikiGroup with
>
>     Attach:filename.ext
>
> Refer to an attached file in a different WikiGroup with
>
>     Attach:GroupName.PageName/filename.ext
>
> or, if the other group has a home page, you can use
>
>     Attach:GroupName/filename.ext

That's correct, as of beta22.  However, there has been
some discussion that we would change this last instance
so that

    Attach:Name/filename.ext

refers to "{$Group}.Name" (i.e., the current group) if it
exists, otherwise it's referring to another group whether or
not a home page exists for that group.  This would seem to
surprise people less than the current situation.

> DEFAULT UPLOAD QUICK REFERENCE:
> [...]

I have no problem with changing the UploadQuickReference as you
describe; I don't even recall who came up with the current one
(I don't think it was me).  Feel free to propose alternatives,
either directly in Site.UploadQuickReference or in the Test group
somewhere.