[pmwiki-users] Simple Forum -- Can't create new posts

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 17:42:36 CST 2006

Saturday, January 28, 2006, 10:20:46 PM, DaveG wrote:
> I'm playing with simple forum at
> http://www.mr2wiki.com/Forum/HomePage.
> When I enter a new topic name the form for comments comes up. Pressing
> Save brings the comments page back, without my added comment.

> I'm have clean URL's going, and wonder if that may be interfering
> somehow? Although I notice the authors site also uses clean urls.

I think the basic problem is that you are running pmwiki 2.1.beta14,
and page variables were introduced in beta 15. page variables are used
in the commentboxstyled.php script.

But the strangest thing is i got it working on your site by changing
the GroupFooter to use the same custom form markup i use on my site,
which includes page variables.
{$FullName} and {$Author} seem to be translated fine, but
action={$PageUrl} is not translated. And still it works!

Best,
~Hans