[pmwiki-users] include failure

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 04:05:27 CST 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> (:pagelist:) is probably the way to go.  A simple version will probably
> be
>
>     (:pagelist name=PagesToInclude* fmt=#include:)

I agree, pagelist seems much more general.

> Eventually I'll probably create a fmt=include (no #) option
> that allows include options to be included in the (:pagelist:)
> command:

Isn't it possible to give options whtn using fmt# ??

> You could always do
>
>     (:include SideBar-fieldspecific error="" :)

Uh.. I thought this wasn't available yet, or do you just mean
theoretically?

Btw, I think having an 'error='-argument is a good idea.

Hmm.. I wonder... would it be useful for us to be able to specify an
argument in this format:

	(:include SideBar-page error=PageWithErrMsgs#err13:)

In other words, let the error message be extracted from a different page.
This might not be so useful in this particular case, but maybe there are
other times when it'd be useful?

/Christian