[pmwiki-users] include failure

JB jbit at ev1.net
Fri Jan 27 15:41:45 CST 2006

> (:include SomePage error=... :)
>
> where the "error=" parameter says what to display if
> the include fails.

I would hate to do this in every single include statement.
How about have displaying an include error message
option to turn OFF in the local/config.php?

# set $DisplayIncludeErrors to 'off' if you do not want
# an error message displayed when an include fails
# default value is "on"
#$DisplayIncludeErrors='off';

> The difficult issue here is that either default can be
> considered "reasonable" depending on the application (and
> each default is arguably "wrong" for certain applications).

I dont see this.  While it is true that people won't miss
content that they cannot see why would anyone want the
possibility of missing content?  I hope this is not
done at a nuclear power plant!

Thanks

John Bittner