[pmwiki-users] Related question to single page

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 15:11:59 CST 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 07:39:46PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> > Friday, January 27, 2006, 7:25:51 PM, christian wrote:
> > > Sometimes I'd like a page with only the wiki text, i.e. no headers,
> > > sidebars and whatnot. Right now I add:
> >
> > >         (:title  :)
> > >         (:noleft:)
> > >         (:noheader:)
> > >         (:nofooter:)
> > >         (:nogroupheader:)
> > >         (:nogroupfooter:)
> >
> > missing (:noaction:) ??
> > Would be  a useful markup to suppress the action links.
>
> I've thought about (:noaction:) in the past but haven't heard
> demand for it so I've left it out.

I like (:noaction:), unless there's a better word for the thing in the
skin which keeps the action items.

> I think that the title is better suppressed using (:notitle:) instead of
> changing the title to a space.

(:notitle:) is much better

> > May i also propose a general (:fullpage:) markup, which combines all
> > the others? (:fullscreen:) sounds a bit misleading, as the browser
> > does not maximise. (:fullwindow:) may be an alternative name.
>
> None of those strike me as the correct names for what is happening. I
> think it should either follow the pattern of being (:no<something>:), or
> perhaps be explicit like (:pageonly:).

I (:pageonly:) is good, or (:no<something>:)... Perhaps (:no...:) is
more consistent though. What about these

	(:noextras:)
	(:nowikiextras:)
	(:plainpage:)
	(:nopageextras:)

Darn.. it's difficult coming up with a good alternative here.

Should I add this to PITS?

/Christian