[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.1.beta21 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 27 13:27:07 CST 2006

I've just released 2.1.beta21, now available from

    http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.1.beta21.tgz
    http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.1.beta21.zip
    svn://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/tags/latest

This release may be a little unstable, as it incorporates a
number of changes and I haven't had a good chance to thoroughly
test it yet.  But I wanted to go ahead and make it available for
others to start using.

First, this release adds an important security fix for sites
that may be running PHP 5 with register_globals enabled.  (However,
I highly recommend disabling register_globals in any PHP environment,
it's inherently unsafe.)

Other features in this release:

- RSS feeds now include the <pubDate> element

- Pagelists and conditional markup now understand wildcards for
  "group" and "name" conditions.

- A whitespace indentation bug has been fixed.

- An empty target in a markup link results in no output.  This
  is useful when creating links in pagelists using page variables.

- Handling of null $pagename values in scripts is slightly
  improved.

- Trail index pages now properly parse links with query strings
  or anchors.

Comments, questions, bug reports welcomed as always.  Thanks!