[pmwiki-users] Editing CSS and JS files

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 12:26:03 CST 2006

On 1/26/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 09:20:20AM -0600, Jon Haupt wrote:
> >    I've been trying to get CSS to function in this way here:
> >
> >    http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CSSInWikiPages
> >
> >    But so far have had little success.  The markup we came up with for
> >    (:stylesheet:) doesn't seem to work, and I can't figure out how to
> make
> >    the wiki use the source text of a wiki page without calling
> >    ?action=source.  I'm still fairly certain it has to work, but haven't
> had
> >    the time to tinker with it any more.
>
> To grab the text of a wiki page, just do:
>
>     $page = ReadPage($pagename, READPAGE_CURRENT);
>     if (!$page) { "page doesn't exist"; }
>     $text = $page['text'];
>
> To get the text only if the current visitor has read
> authorization, use:
>
>     $page = RetrieveAuthPage($pagename, 'read', false, READPAGE_CURRENT);
>     if (!$page) { "page doesn't exist or is read protected"; }
>     $text = $page['text'];
>
> Pm

Alright, so how do I refer in markup directly to a particular page (e.g.
$SiteGroup.StyleSheet)?  as in

  $page = ReadPage('$SiteGroup.StyleSheet', READPAGE_CURRENT);
  if (!$page) { "page doesn't exist"; }
  $stylesheettext = $page['text'];
  $HTMLStylesFmt['skincss'] = $stylesheettext;

When I put this into skin.php, nothing happens.  What's not right here?  Am
I not allowed to substitute for $pagename like that?  or am I not allowed to
stick $stylesheettext in like I did?

Jon

--
Jon Haupt