[pmwiki-users] $IMapLinkFmt (was: Getting an URL from a cookbook recipe)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jan 26 12:19:29 CST 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 07:13:00PM +0100, Sebastian Siedentopf wrote:

> Am 26.01.2006 um 14:37 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:
>
> >LinkIMap() then uses the value of $UrlLinkFmt to generate the link;
> >it defaults to:
> >
> >   "<a class='urllink' href='\$LinkUrl' rel='nofollow'>\$LinkText</a>"
> >
> >There's also an $IMapLinkFmt array that allows each scheme to have
> >its own custom formatting default, but AFAICT PmWiki isn't using this
> >capability yet (although I think some recipes may be doing so).
>
> Maybe stupid question, just to be shure: If I use $IMapLinkFmt in a
> cookbook recipe, I'm responsible for restoring the original value of
> $IMapLinkFmt afterwards, because it can be set by the user in
> config.php for example. Right?

The general rule is that if an admin sets a variable in config.php,
then a recipe or PmWiki should honor the admin's setting in lieu of
its own.

Thus if an admin has set an entry in $IMapLinkFmt in config.php,
the recipe should probably use that value and not change it at all.

If a recipe absolutely needs a specific format and doesn't want to
use the default, then it should explicitly supply its own $fmt argument
(which overrides any settings of $IMapLinkFmt or $UrlLinkFmt).