[pmwiki-users] Trac - Integrated SCM & Project Management

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 03:24:10 CST 2006

Hi

Someone gave me a tip about Trac, which he thought was very useful.

	http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/

and the page states:

	Trac is an enhanced wiki and issue tracking system for
	software development projects. Trac uses a minimalistic approach to
	web-based software project management. Our mission; to help
	developers write great software while staying out of the
	way. Trac should impose as little as possible on a team's
	established development process and policies.

	It provides an interface to Subversion, an integrated Wiki and
	convenient report facilities.

	Trac allows wiki markup in issue descriptions and commit
	messages, creating links and seamless references between bugs,
	tasks, changesets, files and wiki pages. A timeline shows all
	project events in order, making getting an overview of the
	project and tracking progress very easy.

It's some kind of combined wiki and ticket system or so. I'm not about to
switch wiki engine, but maybe there are some useful issues in Trac that we
could use for PmWiki and the PITS?

regards
/Christian