[pmwiki-users] Read RSS feeds

Jean DEMARTINI jean.d.demartini at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 24 02:39:16 CST 2006

H. Fox a écrit :
> On 1/21/06, Jean DEMARTINI <jean.d.demartini at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>> I've tried some RSS feed readers:
>> - Google reader
>> - Thunderbird
>> - FeedReader
>>
>> ... and all have the same behaviour:
>> the feed is read the first time the rss feed is created, then all the
>> subsequent changes are ignored.
>>
>> Some body an idea.
>>

> Your feed readers only check for an update periodically.
>
> You can refresh a Live Bookmark ahead of schedule by right-clicking
> and selecting  "Refresh Live Bookmark".
>
> Hagan

Presently, following a suggestion found in the cookbook, I use an ugly
method which consists in modifying the title of items so that the
updating date is included by patching the file feeds.php with:

SDVA($FeedFmt['rss']['item'], array(
  '_start' => "<item>\n",
  '_end' => "</item>\n",
  'title' => '{$Group} / {$Title} @ $ItemISOTime',  /* the modification
is here */PS
  'link' => '{$PageUrl}',
  'description' => '$ItemDesc',
  'dc:contributor' => '{$LastModifiedBy}',
  'dc:date' => '$ItemISOTime',
  'enclosure' => 'RSSEnclosure'));

I'll try to do that cleanly (in config.php for instance) before posting
a comment in the cookbook.

JDem

PS: it seems that feeds reader tools take only titles in account and not
an updating date.