[pmwiki-users] regexpr problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jan 21 09:56:53 CST 2006

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 03:43:26PM +0100, noskule wrote:
> hi list, hi pm
>
> I borrowed this code form the cookbook svg.php
>
> Markup('job', '<urllink',
>   "/\\b(?>(\\L))([^\\s$UrlExcludeChars]+\\.job)/e",
>   "Keep(\$GLOBALS['LinkFunctions']['$1'](\$pagename,'$1','$2',NULL,'$1$2',
>     \$GLOBALS['JobTagFmt']), 'L')");
>
> I open java geometrie application with it. It works but if there is an
> url with .job (example:http://www.jobs.ch ) in it, the java get lunched.
> Could please give me someone a hand to change this?

Oops!

Looks like PmWiki has the same bug -- any url that has ".gif" in
it somewhere other than the end gets treated as an incorrect
image link.  For example, http://www.gifwizard.com doesn't work.

I'll issue a fix later today.  Essentially we have to modify the
matching pattern to grab all of the url characters and then check
for a suffix match at the end.  (This will speed up the match
pattern a good bit also, since it will have much less to backtrack
over.)

Thanks for catching this!