[pmwiki-users] Detailed wiki statistics?

David Elfving dave at machinechicago.com
Wed Jan 18 11:25:09 CST 2006

Hello all,

Though this is my first post to the mailing list, I've been using
PMwiki for some time and with great success. I'm a graduate student
at UIC in Chicago. Set up initially as a means for first year grad
students to better keep up with readings, our wiki has expanded
considerably and is now a vital aspect of our department.

For my graduate thesis, I'm planning to study how the wiki was used
by different classes and groups of students. The bulk of this will
come from interviews I plan to do with students, faculty and staff,
but I need some hard numbers to back it up. Specifically, I'd like to
measure the total:

# authors
# edits
# internal links
# external links
# open links
# edits by date (i.e. over time)

For each page that has been generated. For now, I'm going through the
page history of each document and simply counting it all up. As you'd
expect, this is quite labor intensive! I suspect getting these
numbers programatically wouldn't be too difficult, but I'm afraid I
don't have a very good understanding of PHP, etc (my background is in
design). Were it possible to spit out a CSV file with this data, all
the better.

Is there an existing plugin that can do this? Something that might be
easily modified to accomplish the same task? Any help our guidance
would be much appreciated. I subscribe to the digest, so feel free to
reply to me directly if you like.

Thanks!
- Dave