[pmwiki-users] Recipe Page Counter does not work in latest beta

Jean DEMARTINI jean.d.demartini at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 17 02:28:20 CST 2006

Jean DEMARTINI a écrit :

>Peter Brink a écrit :
>

>>What do you mean by "the variables $PageCount and $TotalCount are not
>>defined."? The action=totalcount does functions properly on my site but
>>I can't find any references in either the totalcount script or on the
>>cookbook page on how to set (and to what value) $PageCount and
>>$TotalCount. Do you mind explaining a bit? :-)
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Peter Brink
>>

>Yes, my english is not very clear. I want to mean that the markups
>{$PageCount} and {$TotalCount} seems correctly defined by the Markup
>function but print nothing when they are inserted in a text.
>On the contrary, a link such as [[xxxx -> yyyyyy?action=totalcount]]
>gives a page full of statistics, bargraphs and so on, exactly that was
>awaited for.
>
>JDem.

In the file totalcounter.php of the TotalCounter recipe the markups
giving access to the variables $PageCount and $TotalCount have to be
modified such as:

Markup('{$PageCount}','<{$var}','/\\{\\$PageCount\\}/e',$PageCount);
Markup('{$TotalCount}','<{$var}','/\\{\\$TotalCount\\}/e',$TotalCount);

I have tried to overload the markups in the config.php file and that
does not funtions. It is possible that there is a similar problem in the
SimpleCounter recipe.

Hope this help.
JDem