[pmwiki-users] Switching Hosts

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 16 01:48:14 CST 2006

On 1/15/06, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:
> I'm stumped. I've tried downloading my current site, and uploading to
> the new host. I change the config file. The Category.Groupfooter does
> not seem to get applied to pages in the Category group.
>
> I've tried using two different FTP clients. I've downloaded, and
> reuploaded three times, deleting everything except the wiki.d directory
> (I deleted the content of wiki.d though), to retain the permissions on
> the directory which I let pmwiki create.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have shell access?  If so, I'll take a shot at it.  (Even if
not, you might be able to "translate" to what you can do with the
tools you have available.)

Upload the old site, in its entirety data and all, to the pmwiki/
directory.  Better yet would be to zip the old site and unzip it to
the new one.

First, assure all directories and files from the old site are readable

   find -type d pmwiki | xargs chmod 755 *
   find -type f pmwiki | xargs chmod 644 *

Now rename that directory so we can do a fresh, from-scratch installation.

   mv pmwiki pmwiki.old

Next do a fresh installation of the same PmWiki version your old site
is running.

   wget http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.1.beta14.tgz
   tar -zxvf pmwiki-2.1.beta14.tgz
   mv pmwiki-2.1.beta14 pmwiki
   chmod 2777 pmwiki
   #Visit the new wiki so it can create a wiki.d/ directory.

Next you want to let PmWiki create the upload directory and group
subdirectories.  Use a minimal local/config.php with your values for
upload-related settings

   #Upload an image file to each group that has uploads.
   chmod 755 pmwiki

Next copy your files over the new copy of pmwiki

   cp -a pmwiki-old/. pmwiki

Now test.  Any luck?  Hopefully so.  Either way, you might want to
finish with a fresh "upgrade".

   tar -zxvf pmwiki-2.1.beta14.tgz
   cp -a pmwiki-2.1.beta14/. pmwiki

Hagan