[pmwiki-users] show text conditional on no read-protection set

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 11:06:21 CST 2006

I have an "email this page" link (which brings up ?action=mailform, from the
MyWikiFriends.php recipe) in a site's PageActions, and but I only want it to
show up on pages for which no read password is necessary, so that those with
access to a read-protected page cannot distribute its contents simply by
mailing it out.

I DO appreciate that this is about the weakest pseudo-security measure
imaginable, but the principal user of the site doesn't want people to whom
he gives access to be able to forward read-protected pages as simply as by
clicking that link.

The best I've been able to come up with is to use (:if ! auth edit:) as the
condition for displaying "email this page", which is overkill, but leaves
the link on any page that the public can visit without a password.

Any ideas?  The site's using Version 2.0.12, but I'd upgrade to the latest
stable beta (suggestions?) if necessary to be able to set up a condition
more dircectly tied to the read attribute of the page.

Thanks!

Tegan Dowling