[pmwiki-users] Blog proposal

Mikael Nilsson mini at nada.kth.se
Wed Jan 11 16:34:05 CST 2006

ons 2006-01-11 klockan 21:04 +0000 skrev Hans:
> Wednesday, January 11, 2006, 8:54:52 PM, Mikael wrote:
> > ons 2006-01-11 klockan 19:14 +0000 skrev Hans:
> >> It would be good if it is possible to have
> >>     'BlogArchive.{$CurrentMonth}' in the array, so the blog page gets
> >>     added to the current monthly archive. But I think this is very
> >>     easy to achieve.
>
> > Well, I've never thought that we would need separate, stored, wiki pages
> > for each month, year or whatever, but that such pages would be generated
> > on-demand using pagelists or similar.
>
> > Thus, blogging to several trails for me means posting the entry to
> > several blogs, not adding it to several views of the same blog. Views
> > are just that: views of the same, single trail using pagelist filters to
> > pull out entries for a certain month, year, category, whatever.
>
> I am sorry my wording was sloppy! I did not mean that pages getting
> added to an archive page, but that links to the pages are getting
> added, thus the archive page consists of a list of pagelinks.
>
> Posting a blog page in January 2006 adds automatically a link to the
> archive page of the current month, like a page called 2006-01. Such
> archive pages consists of just  a list of links to the actual blog
> pages. pagelist can use these as source for ouputting formatted
> displays (what you call views) dynamically. No content is duplicated.

Well, my point was that that step is also unnecessary, as all the
information for generating the list in 2006-01 is available in the trail
called MyBlog or whatever through pagelist filters (ctime in this case).

So even explicitly adding the link is unnecessary. Think of the case
when you for whatever reason must delete a blog entry. In your setup,
you must find references to it in a number of trails, such as MyBlog,
2006, 2006-01, etc. In my case, I just remove it from MyBlog and it
automatically disappears from the listings on the yearly, monthly etc,
pages.

/Mikael

--
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose