[pmwiki-users] AuthUser/mySQL Feature (prefer alternative) . . .

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:44:20 CST 2006

On 1/11/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 11:23:44AM -0600, Ben Wilson wrote:
> >
> > I should give that a try and see if they buy off on it. Although, I
> > can almost guarantee their response will be along the lines of "why
> > can't I just do this all in one place?" Using Site.AU requires
> > accessing "?action=crypt" and then editing a page. Having the recipe
> > helps cut the steps. If groups could be administered via it as well
> > (i.e., have a user and list his groups after his name), then it would
> > virtually be one-stop shopping.
>
> This can already be done in Site.AuthUser:
>
>     alice: @editors <encrypted_password>
>     bob: @admins <encrypted_password>
>     charlie: <encrypted_password>

I'm assuming that, under this configuration, a user could be in
multiple groups and that the last entry is always the crypted password

> It's been proposed (but not yet implemented) that "(:crypt xyz:)"
> become a replace-on-save pattern.  Thus, the admin would then
> be able to do something as simple as:
>
>     alice: @editors (:crypt alice_password:)
>
> and when the page is saved it would become
>
>     alice: @editors $1$Xf7RfuOP$yTBWMaHCM29JMBN3jVd./0
>
> If this would be of big help, I'll add it for beta20.  I can
> even probably give the (:crypt:) recipe as a local customization
> if beta20 won't be out soon enough for you.

I'd assume this would be an ROS, right? No need to put a rush on it if
it will be too involved. Let me see if I can show a clearer version of
Site.AU to those who will be administering. I think they may bite.

--
Ben Wilson
" Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"