[pmwiki-users] 'title' attribute of an HTML link

Jean DEMARTINI jean.d.demartini at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 11 10:05:57 CST 2006

Patrick,

I aggree with the fact that to introduce an attribute to define a title
attribute is not a very elegant method and I'm ready to abandonned it.

I'have tried the method you propose. It functions quite properly with
external links. Then OK.

But, I encountered a problem with internal links. Naively, I'have tried
the following code:

$LinkPageSelfFmt = "<a class='selflink' href='\$LinkUrl'
title='\$LinkAlt'>\$LinkText</a>";
$LinkPageExistsFmt = "<a class='wikilink' href='\$LinkUrl'
title='\$LinkAlt'>\$LinkText</a>";

It does not function because $LinkAlt is not replaced by its value and
we see the string '\$LinkAlt' in the bubble. Things are not so simple.
Sight.

Regards,
Jean