[pmwiki-users] Installation difficulties

Irv Mills imills at tnt21.com
Thu Jan 5 13:21:36 CST 2006

I am having some trouble with my second set up of pmwiki. The first
set-up was on my Windows XP machine at home and it went very smoothly.

Currently I am trying to get pmwiki to work on a remote Linux Server,
with Apache (not sure which version), PHP 4.0.6, and pmwiki 2.1 beta 17
I had to create the wiki.d directory by hand and set the permissions to
777 on it.
I also set up a index.php file with just "<?php
include_once('pmwiki.php');" in it.
I have set up config.php in /local and set:
$ScriptURL='index.php';
$PubDirURL='/pup/';

Pmwiki now runs and displays the main page, but with an error message at
the top:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
/home/.sites/33/site22/web/pmwiki.php on line 31

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /home/.sites/33/site22/web/pmwiki.php:31) in
/home/.sites/33/site22/web/pmwiki.php on line 769

The offsite links to pmwiki.org on the main page work, but none of the
local links work, you just end up back at the main page.
You can see this at www.thearknativeplants.com/index.php
There is also an index.html file in that location which displays my
customer's current home page, but even with it removed, pmwiki has the
same troubles.

Any suggestions?

Irv Mills,
C&I Graphics