[pmwiki-users] Custom variables in a page?

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 18:45:29 CST 2006

Wednesday, March 1, 2006, 12:09:06 AM, Robin wrote:
> Basically, a simple string substitution. This way, when I release a new
> version, I can just change the version in one place, and everything
> changes. I can then click on the Attach: link to upload the new version.

> Is this possible?

One possibility is to make use of pmwiki's XL function:
On page Site.Preferences or another page if you use a custom version,
add a key-value pair like

  'prog_version'   =>  '0.17',

Now you can use $[prog_version] on any page and pmwiki translates
(replaces) it with 0.17.
works even in Attach links like

   Attach:emusicj-$[prog_version].tar.gz

(note the square brackets, not curly ones)

Best,
~Hans