[pmwiki-users] Mark 'Deleted lines' with a different color

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 27 10:27:30 CST 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 03:59:04PM +0100, Anno wrote:
> Athan wrote:
> > Is it possible to have 'Deleted lines' appear in a color other than yellow,
> > red for example ? If not, please consider that for a future update, I believe
> > it will help tracking deletions in page history.
> >
> > Athan
>
> The color is defined in scripts/pagerev.php
>

> SDV($HTMLStylesFmt['diff'], "
>    .diffbox { width:570px; border-left:1px #999999 solid;
> margin-top:1.33em; }
>    .diffauthor { font-weight:bold; }
>    .diffchangesum { font-weight:bold; }
>    .difftime { font-family:verdana,sans-serif; font-size:66%;
>      background-color:#dddddd; }
>    .difftype { clear:both; font-family:verdana,sans-serif;
>      font-size:66%; font-weight:bold; }
>    .diffadd { border-left:5px #99ff99 solid; padding-left:5px; }
>    .diffdel { border-left:5px #ffff99 solid; padding-left:5px; }
>    .diffrestore { clear:both; font-family:verdana,sans-serif;
>      font-size:66%; margin:1.5em 0px; }
>    .diffmarkup { font-family:monospace; } ");
>
> So basically, you would include the modified version of the above in
> your config.php file. (you have to modify the .diffdel part)

Eek!

There's no need to modify anything in config.php -- just
override PmWiki's default class definition with whatever you prefer.

So, to change the color for deletions from yellow to red, place the
following line in pub/css/local.css (create the file if needed).

    .diffdel { border-left:5px red solid; }

That's all that's needed!

(Note that PmWiki uses green and yellow because a good percentage
of the population cannot distinguish the colors red and green.)