[pmwiki-users] The return of CleanUrls

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 05:06:14 CST 2006

Hi,

Digging around I found an other solution to the
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls problem. In the mood of
the "Index File" alternative, this doesn't require mod_rewrite neither
mod_alias configuration:

Create a file name "wiki" and containing enough code to bootstrap your
wiki as in:

  <?php chdir('pmwiki'); include_once('pmwiki.php');

and provide following directives into a @@.htaccess@@ file in the same
directory:

  <FilesMatch "^wiki$">
    ForceType application/x-httpd-php
  <FilesMatch>

making the "wiki" file being interpreted by Apache as a regular php script.
The local/config.php should be edited to set the differents pathes accordingly.

This trick came from the french site:
http://web.developpez.com/tutoriel/apache/urlrewriting/#L4

I only roughly tested it but seems to work nicely, and certainly need
more work to be integrated into the cookbook recipe.

Regards,
Dom