[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.1.beta29 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 24 23:27:38 CST 2006

I've just released 2.1.beta29, and yes, this makes three
releases in one day.  :-|  This release has a couple of
important fixes for bugs introduced by beta27, which is
why I'm announcing it here.  But beta29 also adds some
nifty features for search customizations.

(I'm also hoping the increased rate of beta releases is an
indication that we're getting closer to the 2.1.0
release.  :-)

The latest release is available from

    http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.1.beta29.tgz
    http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/pmwiki-2.1.beta29.zip
    svn://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/tags/latest

When upgrading to this release, it's recommended that you
remove any .pageindex and/or .linkindex file that may
exist in  your wiki.d/ directory.  (Details below.)

First, the major bugfixes:

* Beta 27 inadvertently set the default for $EnablePageListProtect
  to zero, where it's supposed to be one.  This release fixes that.

* Under certain conditions, the .pageindex file could cause
  searches for terms to not find pages named the same as
  the term.  (For example, a search for "basicediting" on pmwiki.org
  wouldn't turn up the PmWiki.BasicEditing page.)  This has
  been corrected, but it's a good idea to remove any existing
  .pageindex file from wiki.d/ to force rebuilding of the index.

Beyond that, this release adds some new features and corrects
some misfeatures:

* The "group=" option wasn't working properly in the (:searchbox:)
  directive.  Instead of just fixing this bug, I went ahead and
  added other enhancements to (:searchbox:), so that any
  pagelist parameter can be placed in the searchbox and it will
  affect the resulting search.

* There is also now a "target=" parameter for (:searchbox:),
  which identifies the page on which the search results should
  be displayed with ?action=search default is the current page.

* When performing a search with ?action=search, if the current
  page contains a (:searchresults:) directive then it is used
  to display the results of the search.  Otherwise the format
  of the search results is taken from Site.Search (as controlled
  by the $PageSearchForm variable, which can now be an array).

* The default pmwiki skin has been improved -- primarily the
  pmwiki.css stylesheet.

* A blank line following a heading ([@!!Heading@]) is now
  eaten, so that it doesn't produce an extra <p class='vspace'></p>
  between the heading and the first line of text.  Multiple
  blank lines still produce the vspace paragraph.  The
  previous behavior can be restored with "DisableMarkup('!vspace');"
  in a local customization file.

Comments and questions are welcomed as always.