[pmwiki-users] protecting private groups from search

Stephan Schildberg schildberg at scoid.de
Fri Feb 24 16:56:26 CST 2006

Thank you Hans, thank you Patrick.
> Actually, this isn't supposed to happen by default -- the default
> setting ($EnablePageListProtect=1) is supposed to keep read-protected
> pages hidden.  Is this not working?

The read protection is really easy, the search protection should follow
it, but it does not.

For some reason that breaks the page:
$EnablePageListProtect = 1

Instead this works for me.The case is important, first letter of the group:

$SearchPatterns['default'][] = '!^Private\.!'; # protecting groups from
being detected
$SearchPatterns['all'][] = '!^Private\.!'; # protecting groups from
being detected
$SearchPatterns['normal'][] = '!^Private\.!'; # protecting groups from
being detected

> Note that it only keeps the pages hidden from people who don't
> have permission to see them -- if someone is logged in with a password
> that allows the pages to be viewed (e.g., the admin password), then
> PmWiki displays them in the search results.

Yes, this behavior does not worry me.
Stephan.