[pmwiki-users] $Author from $AuthId in b26

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 24 09:24:29 CST 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 04:18:41PM +0100, Roman wrote:
> Pmwiki 2.1b26 came with this change:
>
> "Modified scripts/author.php so that $Author is automatically set from
> $AuthId (unless overridden by a local config or by the author)."
>
> What is the benefit of this change from user point of view? I expected
> that when I login then Author field in edit form will be automatically
> set from login name. But I still see the last used value from cookie.

Some sites and authors would like to be able to sign contributions
using a name that is different from their login id; this configuration
allows that to easily happen.

If a site administrator wants to enforce that an Author name should
always be the same as the login name, then it can be easily done
by putting

    if (@$AuthId) $Author = $AuthId;

after the include_once('scripts/authuser.php');  line (or whatever
is setting the value of $AuthId).