[pmwiki-users] Links to nothing changes cause side effect

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 04:19:27 CST 2006

Tuesday, February 21, 2006, 3:55:37 AM, Patrick wrote:
> Oh, we can probably fix it without having to resort to code.
> Perhaps if PmWiki chose to create edit links to non-existing
> pages except if a query string has "action=" in it somewhere?
> That would seem to handle all of the cases we're discussing
> at present.

Please don't. I like the simplicity of the new rule.
An author wanting to link to a new page will create a link to it, and
the link will show up as before with questionmark and dotted underline
(depending on skin styling etc). But if the link target has any added
parameters this default behaviour is no longer expected.

This is good not just for cases using ?action=...
I am delighted that I can use it to create pagelists with
links to non-existent comment pages, making use of the commentbox
script to let visitors post content without having to edit the page in
the normal way. This is useful for blog pagelists, for simple forums
and for other uses of commentbox, and it does not require any use of
?action=...

Best,
~Hans