[pmwiki-users] DB lookup of picture path

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 20 14:18:23 CST 2006

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 02:39:09PM -0500, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
> I wondered if there was some way to use the farmmap/textmap feature, so
> that the user could do something like
>
> GalleryImage:?albumname&picturename.jpg
>
> Where GalleryImage: would be mapped to
>
> getpicturepath.php?album=albumname&picture=picturename.jpg
>
> or some such.

At one time I brainstormed about perhaps using commas (or maybe
semicolons or quotes) for this -- i.e., one could define the
InterMap link as

    getpicturepath.php?album=$1&picture=$2

and then in markup one could write:

    GalleryImage:albumname,picturename.jpg

to get the results.  But it was just an odd thought at the time,
I figured it was too much of a "gratuitous feature" to be included
in the core.

One could always define "GalleryImage:" as a custom markup and
handle it that way.  :-)