[pmwiki-users] Automatic linking

Karl Loncarek dh2mll at web.de
Fri Feb 17 08:21:22 CST 2006

Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org> wrote in
news:43F5C395.7000507 at durchholz.org:
> Most speed comparisons that you can find on the net are irrelevant -
> in the range of milliseconds.
> Building a string of N parts by appending piece by piece takes O(N*N)
> time. That's why fast code first places those N parts in an array
> first via the $my_array[]=whatever mechanism, (that's a log(N)
> operation I think), then implode()s the array. This give a total time
> of O(NlogN), which is practically indistinguishable from O(N).
> Another thing to avoid is to read all files to build something. That's
> a good way to build a mechanism that won't scale.
Thansk for that. I avoided that already. I also avoided rereading all
the files every time. rereading is only necessary upon the first
creation of an index file.

> Regards,
> Jo

I released the inital version. But to be honest I haven't found anything
that could be improved speedwise any more.

comments, hints welcome.

--
Bye
Karl (aka Klonk)