[pmwiki-users] How to pull out sections from included page?

Bellave Jayaram bellavejayaram at cox.net
Wed Feb 15 12:01:03 CST 2006

Hi all,

            I am researching Content Reuse potential a la DITA within
Pmwiki. I have a situation where there is a page that emulates XML, RefPage,
like below:

[[#start_elem1]]

..

..

[[#start_elem2]]

.

[[#start_elem3]]

.

.

[[#end_elem3]]

.

[[#end_elem2]]

.

[[#end_elem1]]

.

Now, from a page that includes the above page, I would like to include or
exclude elems so for ex., one page has markup that looks something like
this:

.

(:includeelems include=1,3 exclude=2 RefPage:)

..

The resulting page would NOT have the content between the anchors
start_elem2 and start_elem3 and end_elem3 and end_elem2 (however, in a
typical scenario, if elem1 is pulled, it would include elem2 as well - I am
just trying to show a possible non-typical scenario but one that would have
to be addressed).

First, is this possible?

Second, has anyone done it or something close to it? Is there some writeup?

If it is doable, would it also be possible to combine conditional markup
with this sort of "pulling"?

For ex, exclude=2 if enabled VARIABLE.

Thank you for your time.

Jayaram