[pmwiki-users] Automatic linking

Bellave Jayaram bellavejayaram at cox.net
Wed Feb 15 10:41:17 CST 2006

Karl,
	This feature has a lot in common with a Automatic
Include{Page|Section|...} kind of feature that would greatly facilitate
Content Reuse where the referenced content gets automatically included if it
exists.

	In the case of a glossary, I am just wondering if there is a way
that each entry could define a value in a global variable array and if there
could be a markup such as (:autolink :) which would lookup each word in the
page against that global variable and create the link if it hasn't done so
already (it probably needs to keep track of modification time of each
glossary entry too in the array so that only those entries that are later
than the last time it ran are checked). This could still be quite slow.

	I don't know much about the internals of Pmwiki yet. This is just
something that occurred to me.

Jayaram