[pmwiki-users] Nested includes and IncludeWithEdit

Bellave Jayaram bellavejayaram at cox.net
Mon Feb 13 01:02:37 CST 2006

Hi all,

Could someone who is familiar with the Pmwiki internals tell me if this is
doable:

Page3 -> includes Page2 -> includes Page1

If so, then what would happen if I enabled IncludeWithedit (I am yet to try
it but will try it soon) for the section of Page 3 which is the content of
Page 2?

Would it be possible to define/implement a markup where the content of Page
1 would be uneditable but the rest of the Page 2 content would be editable?

How about a markup where the two parts (Page 1 contents and Page 2 contents
with Page 1 excluded) are separately editable on one browser page?

Such functionalities would allow for massive content reuse for some types of
content in a Pmwiki site, sort of like with DITA (Darwin Information Typing
Architecture).

Thanks,

Jayaram