[pmwiki-users] invisible/visible text

Pierre-Marie CARETTE carette.pierre-marie at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 12 04:43:47 CST 2006

> Le 12 févr. 06 à 06:14, Pico a écrit :
>
>> Pico writes:
>>

>> I have been playing around with this same idea of expanding
>> and collapsing text.
>>
>> To test it out I started with ConditionalMarkup and ViewModes,
>> because I don't (yet) know enough to do any of this from scratch.
>>
>> My test page is at ViewModes/Nested Text.
>> http://pmwiki.org/wiki/ViewModes/NestedText

Pico, you find a best simplest idea :

Create a (:switch nameVar:) which define only one thing : when you
click on, the nameVar becomes not (nameVar).

After simply use the conditional markup !!! ...to see a text, an
image, a great image of this thumb....to open a new window...to
listen a music....to open the page...and make coffee ;-)
(:if nameVar:)
(ifend:)

But how define this ? possible parameters :

(:switch nameVar defaultwhenopenPage(true/false) switchbuttonText
switchbuttonImage:)

- a cookie is perhaps necessary
- a not compulsory knack like ajax, a javascript?, to not reopen all
the page

let's our developper friend enjoy in building that ......and thanks ,
many thanks in advance !!!

-----

More generally, i remark during my aged-long  walk on wiki land :
there are more and more scripts/plugins which want make all everyhing
about an action
and the opposite plugin wich make only one action but simply

The first leads to complexity, incoherence, no coordination and
oblige to reinvent the wheel and to write twice, third the same
scripts in the same page : it's not open wiki philosophy scripts
The second leads to modularity

It was my wiki-philosophy minute ;-)