[pmwiki-users] categories and Category.GroupFooter

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 12:45:13 CST 2006

Another approach, which might address other issues as well:

Let the admin configure a set of templates and rules such that when a new
group is created, certain pages in that group are also created and
pre-populated from a set of templates.

For some wikis, I'd like to have any new group (that's created via some kind
of option) automatically be created as a "mini-wiki", with a groupheader,
groupfooter, sidebar, etc.

Special groups could be part of this, so that when a Category group is
created, THEN it automatically acquires a prepopulated groupfooter, homepage
(or .Category page), etc.

Easy for me to suggest, not having a clue how or whether such a thing could
be constructed....

Failing that, I'd vote for the Category.GroupFooter as part of the core
distribution.

Tegan