[pmwiki-users] Deleting/Recreating wiki.d data

Bellave Jayaram bellavejayaram at cox.net
Fri Feb 10 16:25:23 CST 2006

As you can tell from the many posts, I am a newbie. I am trying to write a
"custom editor" in Java or python (I don't know PHP) that will automatically
populate wiki.d with directories for groups and files according to the
Pmwiki syntax (I don't care about preserving the change history in these
files). My idea is to have a local install which will populate the wiki.d
directory with files and rsync the contents with a hosted site.

In the process of writing and testing the editor, I will be deleting and
creating directories and folders in wiki.d in my local install. To be safe
rather than sorry, I thought I would ask if someone has done something
similar and could share their experiences or point me to Do's and Don'ts on
some wiki pages or threads in the archives to read.

* What is the minimum requirement for the file content in wiki.d?

* Perhaps someone knows a open source editor that does something similar to
what I want that I could try out?

After I finish this project, I will post about my experiences and the code
if anyone is interested.

Thanks much.

Jayaram