[pmwiki-users] Precreating/Generating PMWiki pages

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Tue Feb 7 03:54:50 CST 2006

>Posting the page requires some script support -- are you thinking
>of these as being "command line" utilities?  If so, it can be
>done pretty easily -- what should the command look like to do this?
>(What is Dokuwiki's command sequence?)
>
>Pm

Yes, I was thinking of a command line utility. Dokuwiki's syntax is:

function usage($action) {
    switch ( $action ) {
        case 'checkout':
           print "Usage: dwpage.php [opts] checkout <wiki:page>
[working_file]

    Checks out a file from the repository, using the wiki id and obtaining
    a lock for the page.
    If a working_file is specified, this is where the page is copied to.
    Otherwise defaults to the same as the wiki page in the current
    working directory.

    EXAMPLE
    $ ./dwpage.php checkout wiki:syntax ./new_syntax.txt

    OPTIONS
        -h, --help=<action>: get help
        -f: force obtaining a lock for the page (generally bad idea)

Something similar would be fine i.e. check the page back in and report
an error if the page can't be locked. I am not sure how this would
integrate with the ACL, but I think it would probably be safe to assume
that anyone who has script access to the pages is an Admin.

Ian.