[pmwiki-users] page list bug?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 3 15:48:24 CST 2006

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 10:22:32PM +0100, Tom Cato Amundsen wrote:
> > > If I do "(:include Blog.2006-01-01 lines=2:)" is still only shows the
> > > heading. Shouldn't it also show the line "bla bla bla..."
> >
> > Strange, it appears to be working for me -- see
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Include .
> >
> > Perhaps there isn't a trailing newline at the end of the
> > Blog.2006-01-01 page?  I wonder if that could be causing the
> > the problem...?
>
> Yes, there was no trailing newline. Adding one fixes it.
> Adding newlines is ok for me, this can be confusing for people that
> don't know that it is required. Is is possible to fix this in a way?
> Maybe pmwiki should add a trailing newline if there is no?

The problem with adding a trailing newline if there's not one is
that there's then no way to do an (:include:) that doesn't have
a trailing newline.  :-)

I think the real answer is that I need to fix the lines= pattern so
that it grabs whatever text is available and doesn't require the
trailing newline.  (But that pattern is complex enough already... so
I've been reluctant to do it.)