[pmwiki-users] Minor issue on beta 22: Extra <DT> tag

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 2 20:08:34 CST 2006

On 2/2/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 03:12:04PM -0700, H. Fox wrote:
> > 2) How does one control indenting of a list using CSS?
[...]
> Perhaps something like:
>
>     div.fpltemplate ul { margin-left:0px; padding-left:0px; list-style:none; }
>     div.fpltemplate ul ul { margin-left:40px; }

Oh, <slaps palm on forehead> it's padding, not margin.    Thanks.

The following seems to be enough for the desired effect:

    div.fpltemplate ul { padding-left:0px; list-style:none; }
    div.fpltemplate ul ul { padding-left:40px; }

> Note that for whatever default we create, I'd prefer it
> if the absence of an 'fpltemplate' class definition still
> causes it to look reasonable.  In other words, I don't want to
> force every skin to define a div.fpltemplate class just in order
> to have (:pagelist:) display correctly.

It would display correctly, just shifted to the right with the decoration.

That can be avoided.

If PmWiki's default were to do this:

    $HTMLStylesFmt['defaultpagelist'] = '
      div.fpltemplate ul { padding-left:0px; list-style:none; }
      div.fpltemplate ul ul { padding-left:40px; } ';

with this template:

    [[#default]]
    (:if ! equal {=$Group} {<$Group}:)

   (:if:)
   **[[{=$Group}/{=$Name}]]
   [[#defaultend]]

It would both degrade gracefully and be able to be overridden by a
skin (or in config.php, right?).

The LeanSkin has a second stylesheet specifically for the purpose of
overriding the CSS selectors PmWiki places in the <head> section of
the document.  I presume other skins have that capability as well.

Hagan