[pmwiki-users] is beta 22 stable?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 2 10:49:33 CST 2006

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 10:35:03AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> When beta 21 was issued, the release announcement posted here stated
> that it was "unstable". I can't find any posting about beta 22 from
> PM. Has it fixed the instability? Is it not officially released?

I guess I need to find a better way to phrase what I'm saying.  :-)
I wasn't meaning to imply that there were instabilities in beta21,
I was trying to indicate that the potential for instabilities was
a little higher than normal.

> I checked the archives and can't find an announcement there either.

Yes; not every release receives its own announcement; I usually
make an announcement only if there are major changes or if it's
been at least a week since the previous announcement.

> I want to upgrade from 2.0.12, but would like to use a "stable" beta
> (not an oxymoron in the case of PmWiki).

I'm hoping to make into an oxymoron very soon, by getting rid of
the beta label.

In answer to your question regarding beta22, I'd probably wait a
few more days if possible, because I'm hoping to make a few
more releases here soon.