[pmwiki-users] ExternMap?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 1 15:45:39 CST 2006

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 04:05:37PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> for your custom intermap definitions, do you use
> local/localmap.txt
> or on a Farm:
> $FarmD/local/farmmap.txt ?
>
> pmwiki stores its own defaults in scripts/intermap.txt,
> but local/intermap.txt does not work.
>
> I ask just because this file could be confused, having three different
> names in three different directories.

PmWiki comes distributed with scripts/intermap.txt .  For historical
reasons, and to avoid some confusion, we use "local/localmap.txt"
for any InterMap settings that are local to the current wiki.

For WikiFarm installations, the file $FarmD/local/farmmap.txt can
be used to set InterMap settings for the entire farm.  It's given
a different name because a Farm might want to have its own
localmap.txt (for the main farm) in addition to the farmmap.txt .