[pmwiki-users] Subject: Using pmwikiedit in PmWiki V2

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Wed Feb 1 15:02:06 CST 2006

> I have an updated version of pmwikiedit that works with v2, I'll
> see about posting it.  However, I'm wondering if it would be better
> (more consistent) if we had a version written in PHP instead of Perl...?

Thanks, posting an updated version would be helpful. I think both Perl
and PHP versions would be useful. Sometimes it can be useful to
manipulate wiki pages outside PmWiki.

I can run the Perl version outside of the user-space, which helps to
stop malicious use of the script. I would like a PHP version that
integrated with the wiki ACL. However, it might take me several cycles
of the universe to code it in PHP:)

> Also note that pmwikiedit doesn't do any simultaneous edit checking;
> whatever is submitted is posted, period.

For my particular application (using a wiki page as a general dumping
ground for notes from a mobile phone), that wouldn't be a problem.

Ian.