[pmwiki-users] Pressing Save twice in a row results in a warning messag

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 11:44:29 CST 2006

On 1/31/06, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
<christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> The subject really says it... I've tried it here and it's easily
> repeatable (especially with a slow pmwiki.org).
>
>         http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/DoubleSave
>
> I think we should be able to handle this better... is there really a
> reason for two successive 'Save's to result in a warning?
>
> /Christian

I'm assuming you clicked a second time of the "Save" button before the
page could reload, thus 'submitting'  your changes twice. My guess is
this is a side-effect of locking the file for editing:

* Bob opens the page for editing
* Alice opens the same page for editing
* Alice makes changes and saves
* Bob tries to save his changes...

Here is the problem, if Bob's changes are saved, Alice's changes are
overwritten and Bob had no idea he has done so. So, as a safeguard,
Bob gets an error message and the opportunity to "merge" his and
Alice's changes. - But you already knew that, right? ;-)

As a workaround, I suggest trying to keep that nervous twitch in your
finger under control. :-D

--
----
Waylan Limberg